Thursday, January 7, 2010

Heck of a job Janet? (Continued)

You may remember I called for Janet Napolitanos head after her comments regarding the attempted terrorist attack in the skies over Detroit.

Apparently change we can believe in doesn't apply to Mrs. Napolitano. President Obama, in a not so George Bush like statement said the following.

I am less interested in passing out blame than I am in learning from and correcting these mistakes to make us safer. For ultimately, the buck stops with me. As President, I have a solemn responsibility to protect our nation and our people. And when the system fails, it is my responsibility.

Refreshing yes? I am proud that we have a President that can admit a mistake and take responsibility for a systemic failure in our intelligence community. But admitting a mistake and sending a message are two distinctly different things. Much like Bush, President Obama is sending a message to all intelligence officers from Napolitano, down to the officer who took the statement from Mutallabs father, that he has their back, he will take the blame. No matter if you do your job correctly or circular file important national security information. What I am trying to say here is someone needs to be held accountable, somebody needs to lose their job, probably multiple people. How do you provide incentive to a intelligence community, if they are not held accountable? Joe Blow or Joe the Plummer sitting at home is saying, "if I did that shit at work, I would be fired tomorrow." and he would be right. This is not change we can believe in. This is Government playing C.Y.A. (cover your ass)

No comments:

Post a Comment